The DJI Zenmuse X5S is a Micro 4/3 camera designed for aerial cinematography and capable of capturing high-quality 5.2K footage in both CinemaDNG video and Apple ProRes.
When combined with the DJI Inspire 2 it provides an exceptional platform capable of keeping up with the rigours of commercial aerial cinematography.
Enhanced stabilisation coupled with a 3-axis gimbal enables stable and smooth footage in windy conditions.
Using CineCore 2.0, the Zenmuse X5S records video at a maximum resolution of 5.2K/30fps in CinemaDNG 12bit1, 5.2K 30fps Apple ProRes 422 HQ and 4K 30fps Apple ProRes 4444 XQ (no alpha)2. Additional recording options include video in 4K/60fps using H.264 or oversampling video in 4K/30fps using H.264/H.265, both with a bitrate of 100Mbps.
Improved Micro 3/4 Sensor
The onboard Micro 4/3 sensor has been upgraded, significantly improving image quality. With a pixel size of 3.4μm, this 20.8-megapixel sensor captures more detail than the previous sensor. It has 12.8 stops of dynamic range as well as a better signal to noise ratio and colour sensitivity than the X5R, allowing it to create clear, low noise images in low light environments.
Fast, Efficient Workflows
The DJI CINESSD card (PCIe3.0 NVMe SSD support) and a highly optimized FAT32/exFAT file system, allows Zenmuse X5S
footage to be transferred directly through the DJI CINESSD STATION card reader to a computer at high speeds without any
additional software. Footage also supports the DIT standard. CinemaDNG or Apple ProRes workflows can be used for post-processing.
Enhanced Camera Stabilisation
Stabilizing the Zenmuse X5S is a highly optimized 3-axis gimbal with pinpoint-precise motor rotation with a control accuracy of ±0.01° powered by a dedicated processor.
Rather than rely on electrical slip rings — as is common with many gimbals — the Zenmuse X5S uses a unique mechanically limited design and concealed wires to ensure more stable data transmission and greater durability. Vibration is eliminated using three damping balls and a lightweight damping board, creating a seamlessly smooth video. 360° rotation remains possible through gimbal rotation and smooth aircraft yaw. Stable, smooth footage1 can be captured even when using a 90mm2 lens.
- Dimensions: 140×98×132 mm
- Weight: 461 g (Lens Kit)
- Supported Lens: DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH (With Balancing Ring and Lens Hood) / Panasonic Lumix 15mm/1.7 (With Balancing Ring and Lens Hood) / Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD / Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/2.0 (With Balancing Ring) / Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm/1.8 (With Balancing Ring) / Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm/1.8 / Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm/1.8 / Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6
- Sensor: CMOS, 4/3”
- Effective Pixels: 20.8MP
- FOV: 72° (with DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH )
- Photo Resolutions: 4:3, 5280×3956 / 16:9, 5280×2970
- Video Resolutions: Aspect Ratio 17:9
- CinemaDNG: / 4K DCI: 4096×2160 23.976/24/25/29.97p,up to 2.4Gbps; 50/59.94p, up to 4.0Gbps
- H.264: 4K DCI: 4096×2160 23.976/24/25/29.97/47.95/50/59.94p @100Mbps
- H.265: 4K DCI: 4096×2160 23.976/24/25/29.97p @100Mbps / Aspect Ratio 16:9
- CinemaDNG: 4K Ultra HD: 3840×2160 23.976/24/25/29.97p, up to 2.4Gbps; 50/59.94p, up to 4.0Gbps
- ProRes: 4K Ultra HD: 3840×2160 23.976/24/25/29.97p, 422 HQ @900Mbps; 23.976/24/25/29.97p, 4444 XQ @2.0Gbps
- H.264: 4K Ultra HD: 3840×2160 23.976/24/25/29.97/47.95/50/59.94p @100Mbps / 2.7K: 2720×1530 23.976/24/25/29.97p @80Mbps; 47.95/50/59.94p @100Mbps
- FHD: 1920×1080 23.976/24/25/29.97p @60Mbps; 47.95/50/59.94p @80Mbps; 119.88p @100Mbps
- H.265: 4K Ultra HD: 3840×2160 23.976/24/25/29.97p @100Mbps / 2.7K: 2720×1530 23.976/24/25/29.97p @65Mbps; / 47.95/50/59.94p @80Mbps
- FHD: 1920×1080 23.976/24/25/29.97p @50Mbps; / 47.95/50/59.94p @65Mbps; 119.88p @100Mbps
- Aspect Ratio 2.44:1
- CinemaDNG: 5.2K: 5280×2972 23.976/24/25/29.97p, up to 4.2Gbps
- ProRes: 5.2K: 5280×2160 23.976/24/25/29.97p, 422 HQ @1.3Gbps
- H.264/H.265: 4K Ultra HD: 3840×1572 23.976/24/25/29.97p @100Mbps
- Photo Formats: DNG，JPEG，DNG+JEPG
- Video Formats: RAW，ProRes，MOV，MP4
- Operation Modes: Capture, Record, Playback
- Still Photography Modes: Micro SD: Single shot, Burst Shooting: 3/5/7/10/14 frames, Auto Exposure Bracketing, 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7EV bias, Interval
- SSD: RAW Burst Shooting: 3/5/7/10/14/20/∞ frames
- Exposure Mode: Auto, Manual, Shutter, Aperture
- Exposure Compensation: ±3.0 (1/3 increments)
- Metering Mode: Center-weighted metering, Spot metering (area option 12×8)
- AE Lock: Supported
- Electronic Shutter Speed: 8-1/8000s
- White Balance: Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Incandescent, Neon Custom (2000K–10000K)
- ISO Range: 100 – 6400 (Video) 100 – 25600 (Stills)
- Video Captions: Supported
- Anti-Flicker: Auto, 50Hz, 60Hz
- PAL/NTSC: Supported
- Angular Vibration Range: ±0.01°
- Mount: Detachable
- Controllable Range Tilt: +30°to -90°, Pan: ±320°
- Mechanical Range Tilt: +50°to -140°, Pan: ±330°, Roll: +90° to +30°
- Max Controllable Speed Tilt: 90°/s, Pan: 90°/s
In the Box
- DJI Zenmuse X5S Gimbal & Camera
- Camera Body Cap x 1
- Lens Rear Cap x 1
How is the DJI Zenmuse X5S different from the DJI Zenmuse X4S?
While both cameras capture 20-megapixel photos, the X4S features a 1-inch Exmor R CMOS sensor and a fixed prime lens specially designed to fit the sensor and the imaging engine. Additionally, the X4S captures 4K video in the H.264 and H.265 formats.
The Zenmuse X5S features an M4/3 sensor and an interchangeable lens mount for M4/3 lenses. Combined with the Inspire 2’s internal CineCore 2.0 image processing system, the Zenmuse X5S can capture video H.264 and H.265 formats as well as CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes and is suitable for a wide range of professional filmmaking and television production applications.
What payment options are available for the Zenmuse X5S?
We accept the following payment methods:
Debit/Credit cards via Sagepay
Debit/Credit cards and Paypal transactions via PayPal
Pro forma Invoice
30 Days Invoice depending on credit check result
Flexible 0% finance.
Buy online or call the COPTRZ team on 0330 111 7177
What storage devices does the Zenmuse X5S support?
The Zenmuse X5S supports both Micro SD Card and DJI CINESSD. Basic image capture is recorded on a Micro SD Card and CINESSD is used for high-end production footage.
How are the Zenmuse X5S camera, Inspire 2, DJI Inspire 2 License Key and CINESSD related?
The Zenmuse X5S is a professional aerial camera that is compatible with the Inspire 2. Videos recorded by the Zenmuse X5S are processed by the CineCore 2.0 Image Processing System. A DJI Inspire 2 License Key unlocks CinemaDNG and/or Apple ProRes processing capabilities in CineCore 2.0. These files are then saved in the CINESSD. Video quality is dependent on whether the 120G CINESSD or 480G CINESSD is used.
Using CineCore 2.0, the Zenmuse X5S records video at a maximum resolution of 5.2K/30fps in CinemaDNG.
See the DJI Zenmuse X5S In Action
Watch the full-featured video of the DJI Zenmuse X5S.
Request Further Information