- have a current PFCO
- have 2m public liability insurance for their drone operations
- an appropriate drone: minimum entry – DJI Inspire capability and above (subject to our agreement that the platform is suitable)
- sign a training agreement (part of the site access requirements)
- have appropriate PPE and other safety equipment
Our pre-requisites are non-negotiable.
- The case for using a drone for inspection
- Drone and Sensor considerations
- Client environment
- Integration with client safety system
- Risk assessments
- Case study – Roof Inspection
- Case study – Mast Inspection
- Practical Exercise – Roof Inspection
- Practical Exercise – Mast Inspection
Real Practical Experience
A key element of this course is the opportunity to complete a roof and a mast inspection in a real setting. Our training locations include dormant industrial sites and purpose built locations, but in each location you will be working in a realistic context.
Our experienced tutors will guide and support you though the exercise and provide constructive feedback on your capabilities.
Practical exercises are conducted in small groups – 1 tutor to no more than 4 students.
This course is 2 days in duration. The practical exercises are conducted in small groups (no more than 4 per instructor).
This course has a significant outdoor component. Please ensure that you have clothing appropriate to the conditions.
Weather is unpredictable. If the conditions do not allow for the practical exercises, these will be re-scheduled. We cannot accept any liability for the rescheduling and any additional costs incurred due to this.